Why have Patricks pools install your gunite swimming pool / spa?
The short answer to this question is simply because our pools are built better than our competition’s. They are stronger, built from better materials, are more thought out, and our attention to detail is unmatched in the industry. Our pools are built to stay cleaner, use less electricity, all while looking better than our competition’s pools. With full in-house construction our pools are built with pride, and without the use of subcontractors. Our goal is to be better than our competition in every aspect of pool building. Most importantly we are friendly, understanding, and easy to work with.
- We use shotcrete to build our pools. We will call them gunite simply because that is an accepted term but the actual material we use is shotcrete. Shotcrete is more than twice as strong as gunite, which is a very cheap, very soft concrete with no aggregate and can possibly crack in the future. Gunite is the material the majority of pool builders use simply because it is inexpensive. A cracked gunite shell can cost you tens of thousands of dollars in the future. Shotcrete also forms a stronger bond with the marble dust surface material.
- We space our reinforcement steel at 6” on center. The industry standard is 12” making our pools twice as strong as the standard.
- We offer a lifetime warranty on our pool shells. We are so confident in the strength of our pool shells that we can do this.
- Every plastic fitting that enters our pools gets coated with water plug. This step insures the pool will not leak as it ages. Pools without this step will eventually leak.
- All plumbing is pressured tested. We do this before and after the backfill to insure no leaks.
- Our tile is installed using our own proprietary blend of siliconized mortar. This insures they will never pop off, even after many years.
- Higher waterlines. Our skimmers are mounted 1-2” higher than typical. This allows our pools to have a higher water line, which looks better.
- We are experts at installing overflow spas, spillways, waterfalls, fountains, and negative edge/infinity pools.
- We are sticklers for the details: All tiles are perfectly straight and level, our pools are perfectly aligned with their surroundings, all pool walls are perfectly straight.
- Each of our pools comes with a pool pump conforming to the Virginia Graham Baker Act. These pumps include an (SVRS) safety vacuum release system in the event a child was trapped on the main drain.
- Each main drain installed on our pools has an anti-entrapment cover. Main drains are only installed in tandem making them each less powerful and safer.
- Each of our pools comes with a child/pool alarm that alerts you when an object has fallen into the pool.
- Our child-proof fencing can make your pool even safer.
- Our spas are custom built according to your height and overall size.
- We use 3” PVC which is capable of flowing 273 gallons of water per minute, more than double the 127 gallons per minute possible while using 2” PVC. The vast majority of pool builders use 2” PVC. This means our spas message more than twice as well. This is a night and day difference.
- Our Hybrid pumps and Hydro-Therapy jets are 100% adjustable so you can have as strong or as soft a message as you like.
- Our Hydro-therapy jets use a spinning mixture of pressurized air and water to give you a great message.
- Our spas use the same heat source as your pool eliminating the need for a second heater.