Gunite Pool & Spa Installations
Why have Patrick’s pools install your gunite swimming pool / spa?
The short answer to this question is simply because our pools are built better than our competition’s. Patrick Kenney of Southampton, NY has designed them that way. They are stronger, built from better materials, are more thought out, and the attention to detail is unmatched in the industry. Our pools are built to stay cleaner, use less electricity, all while looking better than our competition’s pools. With full in-house construction our pools are built with pride, and without the use of subcontractors. Our goal is to be better than our competition in every aspect of pool building. Most importantly we are friendly, understanding, and easy to work with.
- We use shotcrete to build our pools. We will call them gunite simply because that is an accepted term here on Long Island but the actual material we use is wet mix shotcrete. Shotcrete is more than twice as strong as gunite, which is a less expensive, soft concrete with no aggregate and can possibly crack in the future. Gunite is the material the majority of pool builders use simply because it is inexpensive and easier to work with. A cracked gunite shell can cost you tens of thousands of dollars in the future. Shotcrete also forms a stronger bond with the marble dust surface material.
- We space our reinforcement steel at 6” on center. The industry standard is 12” making our pools twice as strong as the standard.
- We offer a lifetime warranty on our pool shells. We are so confident in the strength of our pool shells that we can do this.
- Every plastic fitting that enters our pools gets coated with water plug. This step insures the pool will not leak as it ages. Pools without this step will eventually leak.
- All plumbing is pressured tested. We do this before and after the backfill to ensure no leaks.
- Our tile is installed using our own proprietary blend of siliconized mortar. This insures they will never pop off, even after many years.
Less Maintenance + Lower Operating Costs
- Our plumbing is hydraulically sound, meaning it flows more water and uses less electricity than our competition’s. This helps keep our pools cleaner. We do not use flex PVC which is prone to being eaten by termites and red ants.
- Strict use of Hybrid pool pumps. These pumps save 90% compared to regular pool pumps. They use about the same electricity as two light bulbs and will save about $900 per year. They also flow much more water which keeps our pools cleaner.
- Our pool equipment including heaters, pumps, and filters etc., are each selected because they are the best in the industry at maintaining and heating your pool.
- Our three skimmer, three return, two main drain layout keeps our pools cleaner than our competition’s.
- Each of our pools include an automatic water filler so you’ll never have to worry about water levels or remembering to shut off a hose.
- Higher waterlines. Our skimmers are mounted 1-2” higher than typical. This allows our pools to have a higher water line, which looks better.
- We are experts at installing overflow spas, spillways, waterfalls, fountains, and negative edge/infinity pools.
- We are sticklers for the details: All tiles are perfectly straight and level, our pools are perfectly aligned with their surroundings, all pool walls are perfectly straight.
- Each of our pools comes with a pool pump conforming to the Virginia Graham Baker Act. These pumps include an (SVRS) safety vacuum release system in the event a child was trapped on the main drain.
- Each main drain installed on our pools has an anti-entrapment cover. Main drains are only installed in tandem making them each less powerful and safer.
- Each of our pools comes with a child/pool alarm that alerts you when an object has fallen into the pool.
- Our child-proof fencing can make your pool even safer.
Gunite Overflow Spas
- Our spas are custom built according to your height and overall size.
- We use 3” PVC which is capable of flowing 273 gallons of water per minute, more than double the 127 gallons per minute possible while using 2” PVC. The vast majority of pool builders use 2” PVC. This means our spas message more than twice as well. This is a night and day difference.
- Our Hybrid pumps and Hydro-Therapy jets are 100% adjustable so you can have as strong or as soft a massage as you like.
- Our Hydro-therapy jets use a spinning mixture of pressurized air and water to give you a great massage.
- Our spas use the same heat source as your pool eliminating the need for a second heater.